These easy Pumpkin Waffles are the perfect way to embrace fall for a sweet start to your day. Imagine these pumpkin waffles with your pumpkin spice latte, cozied up in a big sweater, after crunching on some leaves…
These Pumpkin Waffles have tasty blend of the classic pumpkin spice! You can use your favorite premixed pumpkin spice blend or use the spices suggested like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to make your own.
These waffles are amazing paired with maple syrup, maple butter, butter, some Fried Chicken of the Woods, or Kentucky Fried Hen of the Woods!
Roast Your Own Pumpkin…
Or Use a Can?
You can use either a can of pumpkin puree or you can roast your own!
It all depends on how much time you want to spend on these vegan pumpkin waffles…
The flavor will be better, and the whole meal will be more nutritious if you make pumpkin puree fresh. Canned pumpkin is less nutritious as many nutrients degrade over time- fresh vegetables are going to be more nutrient dense. Canned pumpkin is less flavorful, less sweet, but requires no prep work.
If you do roast your own pumpkin try varieties like Sugar Pie, Kabocha, or Jarrahdale are all fantastic flavor options since they are all sweet.
How to Roast a Fresh Pumpkin for Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut your Squash (or Pumpkin) of choice in half, gutting it and removing the seeds
- Place your cleaned pumpkin face down on a baking sheet and add some water to the sheet to prevent sticking while encouraging steam,
- Roast in the oven for 45-65 minutes or until soft. You can tell its cooked by poking the top center and if the skin leaves an indent it is fully cooked
- Scoop out the flesh from the skin and put into the blender
- Blend until smooth
Looking for More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes?
- Try this creamy pumpkin sauce! It’s rich and delicious- perfect for pasta!
- This Pumpkin Pasta Bake is a healthy yet tasty fall dinner everyone will love! It’s loaded with spinach and mushrooms in the creamy pumpkin sauce under crispy cheese.
- Spooky Gnocchi isn’t exactly a pumpkin recipe– however it is amazing paired with the pumpkin sauce! These fun skull shaped gnocchi are perfect for spooky season!
Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron
- Add water to flax seed powder in a medium sized bowl- whisk together to prevent clumps
- Add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, vanilla, and brown sugar
- In another small bowl or cup add your vinegar to the plant milk- let it curdle
- Add curdled plant milk to the pumpkin mixture and stir
- In another large bowl mix all you dry ingredients together, add your wet mix and stir to combine
- Oil your waffle iron and pour a small amount of batter to fill the iron
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, repeat until you’ve cooked all your batter
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, maple butter, or jam
Did you make this recipe?
Please take a moment to rate and review it by scrolling down!