This air fryer miso eggplant recipe is quick and easy to make! This healthy yet delicious dish is made in under 30 minutes and is so simple! This is the perfect vegetable side dish for dinner!
Is Miso Eggplant Healthy?
Miso is nutrient-rich, aids the immune system, helps fight disease, and can help boot digestion!
How to Make Miso Glazed Eggplant in the Air Fryer
This recipe is super simple and can be made with any variety of eggplant. This recipe is written for a large eggplant so if you decide to make it with a smaller variety you will need to reduce the cook time.
The first step is to slice your eggplant in half and then cross hatch the surface. The cuts in the surface of the eggplant helps the miso glaze get into the eggplant itself. From there you’ll roast it without any sauce, then coat it in the miso glaze and roast it!
The result is a caramelized savory glaze with buttery soft eggplant. You can eat it on it’s own or you can serve it over rice!
Looking for Other Vegan Miso Recipes?
- This Miso Mushroom Gravy is rich, and full of umami flavor! This is the ultimate gravy recipe you won’t want to miss.
- Maple Miso Chanterelle Roast is the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and savory! The sweetness from the maple brings out the fruity flavors of chanterelle mushrooms while the miso helps add extra body. This sheet dinner is the perfect fall treat!
- The Miso Mushroom Burger is a blended mushroom burger packed with flavor! This recipe has you mince mushrooms with plant based beef and seasoned with miso and black garlic. Top it with a maple miso mayo for the ultimate miso experience!
Air Fryer Miso Eggplant
- 2 large Eggplants
- ½ tsp Avocado Oil or any neutral oil
- Slice your eggplant in half. Then cut lines over the surface of the Eggplant and create a cross hatching pattern. Don't cut deep enough to cut through the Eggplant, but deep enough there is space for the sauce to get into the crevasses
- Brush or spray a little bit of oil over the surface of the Eggplant. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400F Do not crowd or stack eggplants on top of each other in the air fryer. You may need to roast them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer
- In a small bowl, combine the Miso, Maple Syrup, Sesame Oil, Garlic, and chili crisp if you are using
- Using a brush or a spoon, coat the slitted surface of the eggplant with the sauceAir Fry at 350 for 15 minutes, again, do not crowd your air fryer
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds