These sweet and tender muffins are the best way to enjoy rhubarb! This recipe makes the best banana rhubarb muffins- it’s fool proof! These muffins are sweet, tender, moist, and full of that sweet banana with tangy rhubarb flavors!
They are quick to make and will be done in under 30 minutes from start to finish! They work great as meal prep and will make an easy breakfast for the rest of the week!
This recipe uses simple ingredients that are found in just about every kitchen! No obscure ingredients here!
What You Need To Make Rhubarb Banana Muffins
You don’t need any specialized items to make these simple muffins- just a muffin pan, muffin tins, and a mixing bowl.
A spatula is helpful for folding the batter and scrapping the sides of the bowl, but you can get away with any mixing spoon you have. A cooling rack is another great tool to help these muffins cool faster so you can enjoy them sooner!
Does the rhubarb need to be fresh?
Not at all! You can use frozen, however it is best to set out your rhubarb for around an hour to defrost. If you try to bake with completely frozen rhubarb it will affect the baking time. These muffins bake in about 20 minutes, if you use froze it can take anywhere from 30-40 minutes for them to be fully cooked.
This recipe doesn’t need eggs?
Nope! This is one of those accidentally vegan recipes where there are no eggs or egg replacements required! The banana in this recipe works as a binder for these muffins- meaning you are missing nothing with this egg free muffin recipe!
Looking for More Rhubarb Recipes?
Looking for More Vegan Muffin Recipes?
For a healthier muffin try these Cranberry Orange Muffins! For an extra fiber and flavor boost they are made with orange pulp, so you’ll be making fresh orange juice with these muffins. No juicer required here!
Rhubarb Banana Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Cups
- Mixing Bowls
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Add the bananas to a medium sized bowl and mash. Cream together the brown sugar, sunflower oil, lemon juice, and vanilla
- In a large bowl sift the flour and add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together
- Pour in the banana mixture and the chopped rhubarbFold to mix- care to not over stir
- Add a scoop of the muffin batter to a lined muffin tin to fill, the batter will be thick
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tbs flour, 2 tbs sugar, 1 tbs oil, and 3 tbs of finely chopped rhubarb. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the muffins before baking
- Bake for 18-21 Minutes(Poke with a toothpick/chopstick and when it comes out clean the muffins are ready)
- Remove muffins from pan and place on cooling rack
Did you try this recipe?
Scroll down to rate and review it!