This Fried Chicken of the Woods Sandwich is one of the best ways to enjoy Laetiporus sulphureus.
Simply take your wild chicken of the woods, bread it in seasoning, fry it, and stick it in a sandwich!
This fried chicken of the woods recipe tastes like fried chicken and is prepared with all the classic toppings like lettuce, ranch, and pickles.
Whether if you are a forager, plant based, or just want to eat less meat- this is a recipe for you!
The Fried Chicken of the Woods Sandwich Assembly
Wings and soup are both wonderful creations you can make with your chicken of the woods, but this sandwich is something you need to try.
For the ultimate sandwich you’ll need quality buns, soft onion rolls pair beautifully in this sandwich. A sweet Hawaiian roll or a poppy seed bun would also be perfect!
A brioche bun also does wonders for this sandwich. The other show-stopping toppings you’ll need are plant-based ranch, butter pickles, and coleslaw.
Just like your classic fried chicken sandwiches!
This sandwich is some plant-based soul food!
Tossing the fried Laetiporus sulphureus in some bbq or hot sauce before adding it to your sandwich is an awesome option. Use less ranch when you assemble everything if you go that route.
Instead of coleslaw you could try sprouts, lettuce, or your favorite type of green. The options are limitless- go with your gut!
Fried Chicken of the Woods Sandwich
- 16 oz Chicken of the Woods
- 1 Bottle Just Egg (or 12 oz egg replacer)
- Enough to Coat Olive Oil
- 4 Onion Buns
- Butter Pickles
- Plant Based Ranch
- Tomato Slices
- Pour your bottle of Just Egg in a bowl, then another bowl mix everything together for the Seasoned Flour
- Take your Chicken of the Woods and dip it into the Just Egg, then into the Seasoned Flour- and repeat
- Once all of your Chicken of the Woods is breaded either pour or spray a bit of oil on it
- Put your Chicken of the Woods in an air fryer basket
- Cook at 270 for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes
- Place your Chicken of the Woods on a bun, and dress it up with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and ranch
@jess.flowers Fried Chicken of the Woods Ranch Sandwich is one of my favorite ways to eat Chicken of the Woods! The chicken of the woods mushroom tastes and shreds like chicken- hence the name. It is fantastic breaded up in a chicken style sandwich! I made this vegan by using Just Egg to dip the breading and a homemade plant based ranch dressing. #chickenofthewoods #veganrecipes #wildmushrooms #veganchicken #vegan #veganfood #mushroomrecipes #vegansandwich #veganchickensandwhich ♬ Walker – Official Sound Studio
Check out the Latest Recipes Here:
- Oyster Mushroom Jerky
- Sourdough Pizza Bread
- Chanterelle Pasta
- Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
- Lobster Mushroom Mac and Cheese