These Vegan-Cheeseburger-Onion-Ring-Curly-Fry-Nachos will make your heart sing while satisfying your munchies!
These vegan cheeseburger nachos are even better where it tastes like a burger in fries all in one!
This fun party food is a great snack that will be super memorable!
Vegan Loaded Nachos
You can make these in an air fryer, oven, or even a deep fryer!
To make these burger nachos you’ll want to precook your fries and onion rings- either in a deep fryer or in the oven.
Then you’ll cook up your plant-based burger meat and assemble!
Start by laying out the fries, the onion rings, then layer on your vegan cheese, your burger meat, and bake in the oven to melt together
After the cheese has melted over everything, you’ll add some freshly chopped lettuce, pickles, ketchup, and a homemade blue burger sauce.
I used both Violife Cheddar Shreds and Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda for the cheese.
Violife is one of my favorite brands of vegan cheese, the flavor is spot on and it melts really nicely, and I am obsessed with the flavor of the Smoked Gouda from Follow Your Heart because it really adds an *oomph* to it.
If you don’t have vegan gouda on hand, try a vegan swiss, provolone, or add extra vegan cheddar to it.
Miyoko’s cheese is my all time favorite brand, but it gets expensive. They use real cashews and coconut to make their cheeses, and higher quality ingredients means it’s more expensive to make. That’s where I also love to make my own cultured cheeses! We go through it fast in my house and since it takes time to create, store brand cheese does the job when we are out.
Daiya cheese has improved a ton in the past few years. It is the most affordable vegan cheese and they keep improving their recipes to make it more delightful. If you have the choice, pick up the sharp cheddar block rather than their cheddar shreds!
It melts better and has a better overall flavor.
If you’ve never made your own homemade ketchup before I strongly encourage you to give it a try!
It is very, very simple and tastes so much better than your classic Heinz ketchup. The version I create regularly is with tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, smoked apple salt, and maple syrup. Another I love has vegan apple honey, apple cider vinegar, and smoked apple salt in it.
Ketchup is a disrespected condiment that can be fantastic if you give the recipe a little love. I’ve been told over and over by other people, “Ketchup is a garbage condiment.” What I’m telling you is, no, the ketchup you’ve tried up until this point has been garbage- allow me to blow your mind!
The burger sauce is what I imagine the other burger flavors that would normally be between the bun. Like mayo, mustard, and pickles.
I thought that slices of pickles over my fries wasn’t ideal, but I still wanted to offer the full cheese burger experience.
The secret ingredient in this sauce is the Blue Spirulina. It has no flavor, is anti inflammatory, and makes your food blue! I love adding a teaspoon of it to my cream sauces for an extra wow factor.
The combination of mayo, dill, mustard, and vinegar creates those missing flavors that would be on a cheeseburger.
No need to dip these fries- they come plenty saucy!
If you love the look of this recipe, check out the restaurant that inspired the idea of making food colorful like this. I’ve never had the opportunity to eat there myself, but there are on my foodie bucket list to try someday!
(As if I need another excuse to go back to Amsterdam!)
Cheeseburger Onion Ring Fries
- 11 ounces (1 package) of Onion Rings
- 22 ounces (1 package) Curly fries
- 2 Veggie Burger Patties, 8 oz
- 1/2 cup Shredded Vegan Cheddar
- 1/4 cup Shredded Vegan Gouda
- 4 Tbs Ketchup
- Shredded Lettuce for Garnish
- Ketchup for Dipping and Sprinkling
Blue Burger Sauce
- 2 tbs vegan mayo
- 2 tbs mustard
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp blue spirulina
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Air Fry your curly fries at 400 F for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through, and cooking in batches or Bake the entire bag of curly fries at 425 for 25 minutes on a baking sheet or Deep fry your fries by setting your oil temperature to 360 F and cook for 6-7 minutes
- Lay out your fries on a baking sheet for more layering
- While you are heating your fries Crumble up your veggie burgers and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat, so they are just under under done
- Sprinkle your crumbles over your fully cooked curly fries
- Air Fry your Onion Rings at 400 F for 8-9 minutes or Bake your Onion Rings at 400 F for 6-7 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes or Deep fry your Onion Rings at 360 F for five minutes Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Sprinkle your cheese evenly over the crumbled burger and fries
- Add onion rings over the cheese and place in the oven for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted
- Mix together everything for your Blue Burger Sauce in a small bowl
- Finely chop up two large lettuce leaves
- Move your baked cheesy burger fries onto your serving plate and then sprinkle on your lettuce, drizzle your ketchup, slather your blue burger sauce over the top
- It’s burger fry time!
Then top with banana peppers, red onion, and maybe a little coleslaw
Stay tuned to the latest content- subscribe today!
- Lobster Mushroom Ravioli
- Lobster Mushroom Oil
- Vegan Bacon Jerky
- Pink Sushi
- Sourdough Discard Crackers