This is a classic recipe for banana bread that is egg and dairy free- all with simple ingredients. This easy recipe is a staple and is easy to customize for your preferences! You don’t need any egg replacers to make this recipe – the result is moist, perfectly crumbly, and full of flavor.
You can use either fresh ripe bananas or you can make it with frozen bananas- either way this recipe is foolproof!
So simple that kids could easily give it a try!
There is nothing better than the smell of fresh banana bread right out of the oven!
If you are looking for a fancier, more unique twist on banana bread, give this Rhubarb Streusel Banana Bread a try. It’s one of the best ways you can use rhubarb as a tasty treat. The streusel topping really gives the whole bread an extra oomph!
Ways to Customize Your Banana Bread
Consider making this recipe your own by adding in some fresh or frozen fruit. Like in the recipe mentioned above, rhubarb is fantastic in banana bread. Try adding strawberries, blue berries, or even blackberries to your banana bread. Adding in roasted nuts is another fun way to customize your quick bread. Chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans are all great mix ins for vegan banana bread.
Step by Step Photo Directions for Banana Bread
Below are photo directions on how to make the banana bread so you can quickly see how easy it is to assemble.
You don’t need to use a mixer to mash the bananas, but it sure makes the whole process simpler. Use a fork to mash the bananas if you don’t have a stand or hand mixer.
You do want to use Bread Flour and not All-Purpose Flour for this recipe. The bread flour helps increase the overall protein of the bread which helps give it more structure, helping it rise better. If you use all-purpose flour, you will have a denser bread. While it will still taste great the texture will not be ideal.
Vegan Banana Bread
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Using either a hand mixer or stand mixer cream together all the wet ingredients
- In another large bowl mix together your dry ingredients
- Create a well with the dry ingredients and pour in you the wet mix, gently fold to mix, only stirring to mix together- do not over stir!
- Oil a bread loaf pan and pour in the batter
- Sprinkle over the edible flower petals and sugar over the top for decoration
- Bake for 60 – 70 minutes or until golden brown on top and comes out clean with the toothpick test
- Remove the bread from the pan and place on cooling rack
- Neutral oils that work great are avocado oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, vegetable oil
- Over stirring or too much mixing will lead to a tougher, chewier bread. To keep it soft and slightly crumbly, mix only to combine.
Check out more of the latest recipes here
- Fermented Brussels Sprouts
- Cultured Sunflower Cheese
- Matsutake Rice
- Oyster Mushroom Ramen
- Blueberry Sourdough Focaccia